Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia. Today I will make Easy Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe. This is amazing Cheese burger tagine It’s a great family-friendly meal that fills the stomach and makes your kitchen smell great. Similar to my homemade hamburger helper recipe but cheese (yum)!
Easy Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
You’ve probably seen this type of recipe floating around on the internet for a while. Well, I made this Cheeseburger Casserole recipe in 2015 and decided it needed some updating. This recipe is one pan, made in 30 minutes from start to finish, type of recipe. Pretty much the same as my homemade hellebore hamburger recipe but it’s cheesy and so much better than the prepackaged stuff. Plus, it makes a great frozen treat, perfect for meal prep! Well, let’s get into this.
Easy Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe components
This ingredient list is long but I promise you it’s worth it! It all comes together and in the end you get a cheesy and delicious meal. Here’s what you’ll need:
- olive oil – This is used to cook ground beef and onions. It is a healthier option than butter and has a higher smoke point.
- Minced meat + onions – I used a mix of ground beef and yellow onion in a 93/7 ratio, but you can easily use white onion or ground turkey for a healthier option.
- pasta elbow – You can use any shape of pasta you want (routines or shells work great), I’ve kept them classic with pasta. Also note that cooking time varies depending on the type of pasta you are using.
- beef broth – This helps cook the pasta while still providing the cheeseburger’s flavor.
- tomato sauce – In the original recipe I used mashed tomatoes. This time I went for a smoother sauce while still maintaining the delicious flavour.
- Milk – This also helps cook the pasta while preserving the cream. I used low fat but feel free to use full.
- Garlic powder, chili powder + ground mustard – Some seasoning to give it that classic cheeseburger taste.
- Worcestershire sauce – Another flavor factor, a little goes a long way! Don’t get past this person.
- salt + pepper – And don’t forget to season as you go, these things just make everything better.
- cheddar cheese – You can make this as cheesy (or not) as you like. I highly suggest using freshly grated cheese instead of grated cheese. The shredded stuff is usually pre-covered with starch and doesn’t melt as well as the fresh stuff.
- Half half – Or use heavy cream. This really makes the sauce creamy and dreamy. If you’re really in trouble, you can also use sour cream, just expect a bit of color.
- parsley – This is an accessory and is optional.
How to make a Easy Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
For full details on how to make Cheeseburger Casserole, check out the recipe card below 🙂
Cooking minced meat + onions
In a deep-sided skillet, heat the olive oil. Onions and ground beef brown and crumble during cooking.
Add other ingredients
After the onions are soft and the minced meat is completely cooked, add the noodles, meat broth, tomato sauce and milk.
Add spices, Worcestershire sauce and plenty of salt and pepper.
Cooking pasta in sauce
Stir well and cover. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring every 5 minutes or so to help prevent sticking and burning.
After about 12 minutes, the pasta should be fully cooked and the sauce mostly absorbed (cooking time varies depending on the type of pasta you use).
Add cheese + half and half
Finally, add half and half of freshly grated cheddar cheese. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Add parsley (optional) and serve hot.
Casserole + Reheat Cheeseburger
You can store the rest of your cheeseburger casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Simply reheat the microwave until it is fully heated. This recipe consists of 6 servings, so you can enjoy it all week long if you have a small family.
You can also freeze this recipe for Up to 3 months! I recommend storing it in one of these disposable aluminum baking dishes. Make sure to cover it well with two layers of cling film and aluminum foil. Then when you are ready to reheat, place the lollipop in a 350 F oven until it is fully heated.
What to serve with a Easy Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
There are two ways you can go with the side dishes in this recipe. bread or vegetables. Here are some recipes that go well with a cheeseburger casserole:
Easy Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe card
A cheeseburger casserole is a great family-friendly meal that fills the stomach and makes your kitchen smell great.
- In a large, deep-sided skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Onions and ground beef brown and crumble during cooking.
- After the onions are soft and the minced meat is completely cooked, add the noodles, meat broth, tomato sauce and milk.
- Add spices, Worcestershire sauce and plenty of salt and pepper. Stir well and cover. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring every 5 minutes or so to help prevent sticking and burning.
- After 12 minutes*, the pasta should be completely cooked and have mostly absorbed the sauce.
- Stir with half and half shredded cheddar cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add parsley (optional) and serve hot.
Calories: 520Calories | Carbohydrates: 68g | protein: 33g | fat: 12g | Saturated fat: 5g | Unsaturated fats: 1g | Monounsaturated fats: 5g | Unsaturated fats: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | sodium: 838mg | Potassium: 843mg | the basic: 4g | sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 363IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 192mg | iron: 4mg