Hi mom, today I will make Pumpkin Cookies Recipe. Do you like pumpkin cookies But did you always wish there was crisp on the edges, chewy on the middle version? oh my god i love rubbery Pumpkin cookies and it only took 6 years to make it happen!!
I’m getting seriously crazy trying to work out the kinks in this recipe. A little bit of this, a lot of that, these things are so flat and those things are so fluffy as a cake. Working with a fruit or vegetable ingredient is no joke when you’re trying to get a certain texture but I’ve discovered a Secret Pumpkin Cookies Recipe.
In fact, I discovered a little…
Pumpkin Cookies Recipe Tip #1
fried butter. or brown butter. It all depends on who says it. On a whim I threw away browned butter one day and this is the moment when these cookies became an achievable goal for me. Brown butter really increases the flavor of the biscuit while maintaining a more chewy texture. Here is the reason:
Whipping sugar and butter actually changes its composition, the actual chemistry changes, resulting in light and fluffy cakes. ever read a Chocolate chip cookie recipe Requires swiping for a certain amount of time? Now you know why! But brown butter doesn’t beat sugar crystals in the same way, so we end up with a cookie that still retains the chewing factor!
Want thinner cookies and really go for those crisp edges and chewy center thing? No problem, bake the cookie dough right away so nothing changes texture.
I’m looking for a more cushiony cookie as shown in these pictures (and in fact I prefer to make it straight away so I’m my second kind), cool the cookie dough in its bowl with zip-down plastic wrap around and around the dough and more over the bowl to really keep the air out. The air dries out the cookie dough and will completely change your results.
Let the dough sit in the refrigerator for a few hours, up to overnight. Lay the cookie dough on the counter for 30 minutes, then roll it out and bake!
What ingredients do you need to make Pumpkin Cookies Recipe?
Here’s your grocery list for these fabulous cupcakes! We hope you already have everything in the fridge and pantry!
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- pumpkin puree
- soft drink
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
Cinnamon and sugar
- dark brown sugar
Measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card below.
How to make a chewy Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
I like to start by making a layer of cinnamon sugar and setting it aside. Then I jump into making cookie dough. Here are the steps:
- Butter frying. Let it cool. (See the section below for how to brown the butter.)
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Beat browned butter in a bowl with sugar.
- Add the vanilla, egg yolk and maple syrup and mix.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Add the dry ingredients to a blender and blend until blended.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator while the oven is preheating. The longer the dough cools, the thicker and softer the cookies will be.
- Cover a cookie sheet with Silpat.
- Roll the dough into balls and mix with cinnamon and sugar.
More detailed instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
How to brown the butter
fried butter It is just butter that has been melted and cooked a little. Its delicious Nutty flavor. It is very easy.
Cut the room temperature butter into equal sized pieces so that they melt evenly.
Use a light-colored pan so you can see when it starts to change color. Place the pan over medium heat. Stir the butter around to keep it moving while it’s melting.
When it melts, it will start to see foam and sizzle around the edge and brown spots will appear on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat immediately. It should be very fragrant. I made brown butter!
Fried butter can become burnt butter very quickly, so remove it from the heat as soon as you see brown spots.
How long do Pumpkin Cookies Recipe keep?
Pumpkin cookies you’ll keep 2 weeks at room temperature.
Store in an airtight container.
Can pumpkin cookies be frozen?
Place cookies in a single layer on a cookie sheet and freeze for a few hours.
When frozen, transfer to a heavy-duty freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to months.
Is pumpkin puree the same as pumpkin pie filling?
No, pumpkin puree is just pumpkin without the seasoning. The pumpkin pie filling added spice to the mash. you want pumpkin puree For this recipe, not the pie filling.
I adore these cookies! They are not cakes like the typical chocolate pumpkin cookie. It’s chewy with that crunchy edge like the perfect chocolate chip cookie. You just have to try them! they are the best pumpkin cookies You will ever have!
Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup ghee unsalted
- 2 1/4 Glasses flour
- 1 small spoon baking soda
- 1/2 small spoon Baking powder
- 1/2 small spoon salt
- 1 1/2 small spoons Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
- 3/4 small spoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 small spoon vanilla
- 1 yolk old
- 3 big spoons Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
Cinnamon and sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 big spoons sugar
- 1 small spoon cinnamon
To prepare cinnamon sugar
- In a small bowl, mix the brown and white sugar and cinnamon using your fingers to break up the brown sugar pieces.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add butter and cook until foam forms and begins to turn amber with brown spots on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl so it doesn’t continue cooking. The smell should be very fragrant. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes, then place in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or mixer, use a spoon to scrape the butter into the bowl and whisk the butter and sugar together for 1 minute. Add the vanilla, egg yolk and maple syrup and mix again.
- Finally, move the pumpkin.
- Slowly pour all the dry ingredients into the blender and beat again until blended.
- Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the oven and cinnamon sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 and set with a baking sheet.
- Roll the dough into balls and roll in the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then remove from the oven to rest for a moment before eating.
Stored in an airtight container, these cookies will keep for weeks at room temperature.