Hi girls, welcome to Cooktophia. Now I will make Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe. A light, refreshing dressing sparkles with this classic broccoli salad with dried cranberries, almonds, and bacon. A classic side dish for summer!
Why I choose Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe?
The classic broccoli salad is one of my favorite simple summer sides for many reasons.
- It is an easy recipe to prepare.
- It is fresh and healthy.
- It is colorful and beautiful.
- It makes everyone love broccoli. last but not least . . .
- It makes me feel less guilty about the giant cheeseburger on my plate.
Broccoli salad is a delicious way to add a little crunch to your menu. It’s perfect to serve with steaks, burgers, chicken, or whatever you’re doing on the grill. Fresh, light and just right for a hot summer day!
Is it sold out? Well, let’s get to it!
Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe Notes
- Broccoli You will need 2 or 3 broccoli crowns. Cut the florets into bite-size pieces, about 6 cups. You can reduce the amount if you want to increase the ratio of sauce to broccoli. As written, this salad is light.
- bacon Cooked and crumbled. You’ll only need 5 strips of bacon for this recipe but I like to cook the entire package at once and refrigerate the extra to reheat in the microwave for breakfast the next morning. See my notes below on my favorite way to cook bacon.
- red onion – cubes.
- dried cranberries – Like Craisins.
- sugar A little granulated sugar adds a touch of sweetness to the marinade.
- mayonnaise I like to use healthy mayonnaise like olive oil and mayonnaise.
- sour cream I use light sour cream. An easy way to lighten it without affecting the flavour.
- Almond slices
How to cook bacon in the oven
Are you all Bake your bacon distance? I think it’s the cleanest and easiest way.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray folded with heavy-duty foil
- Place the bacon in an even layer and transfer the baking tray to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until well done.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. It works like a dream and cleaning is super easy. Just get rid of the greasy foil, quickly rinse the pan and you’re done!
How to make Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients together.
- In a large serving bowl, combine broccoli, onion, and dried cranberries, pour sauce over and toss until well combined. Cover the broccoli salad and refrigerate for at least two hours, or up to six hours. Reserve the almonds and bacon to add just before serving so that they maintain their texture.
You don’t want to skip the salad cooling step before serving. Spending some time in the fridge gives the broccoli some time to soften a bit.
Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe storage
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container and use within 2 days for best quality.
Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe card
- 5 Slices Thick sliced bacon
- 2 or 3 cauliflower crowns Cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- ⅓ Cup red onion section
- ½ Cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅓ Cup mayonnaise I like to use healthy mayonnaise like olive oil and mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup light sour cream
- ⅓ Cup Almond slices
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the bacon in an even layer and transfer the baking tray to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until well done. Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. When cool, crumble and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine broccoli, onion, and dried cranberries. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, light sour cream, white wine vinegar, and sugar together. Pour the mixture over the broccoli mixture and toss well until combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours, or up to six hours.
- When ready to serve, add the crumbled bacon and chopped almonds.
Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe notes
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 2 days for best quality.
Calories: 328Calories | Carbohydrates: 36g | protein: 15thg | fat: 17g | Saturated fat: 4g | Unsaturated fats: 2g | Monounsaturated fats: 6g | Unsaturated fats: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | sodium: 352mg | Potassium: 1311mg | the basic: 11g | sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2407IU | Vitamin C: 340mg | Calcium: 208mg | iron: 3mg