Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia. Now I will make Best No-Bake Granola Bars Recipe. With summer fast approaching and kids going back to school, I thought I’d share one of the kids’ favorite snack recipes ever. No-Bake Granola Bars with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips were my kids’ favorite when they were younger and I still can’t keep a batch here for more than a day or two. They are tender and chewable, require no oven time, and are just perfect to put in lunch boxes.
These easy granola bars can be made on a whim with easy-to-store ingredients that you can customize to your liking.
- Crispy rice cereal – Like Rice Krispies or your favorite store brand.
- oats Quick-cooking rolled oats, such as 1-minute Quaker oats. You don’t want to use instant oats for this recipe.
- light brown sugar
- light corn syrup – I’ve found that I get better results by using a little corn syrup. It really does a lot to ensure a chewy result and helps the bars hold together much better than honey alone.
- Creamy peanut butter
- pure vanilla extract
- salt – Just dash.
- chocolate chips I like to use bittersweet but semisweet works well too.
- Almonds and/or peanuts I like to add chopped raw almonds and roasted and salted peanuts for a little texture. Totally optional but we love it.
How to make Best No-Bake Granola Bars Recipe?
- Combine the crispy rice, oats, and nuts (if using) in a large mixing bowl. Sit aside.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat to boiling, then remove from heat and add peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry mixture and mix well. If necessary, coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray and use your painted hands to make sure they are mixed well.
- Add the chocolate chips, stirring lightly to distribute throughout. Transfer mixture to a 13- to 9-inch baking dish covered with nonstick cooking spray. Use a sheet of wax paper to press the mixture evenly.
Chocolate chips tend to get a little melted in the warm mixture. To make them more prominent in the final bars, I like to reserve a handful of them and press them into the surface of the bars right after they are spread in the pan.
To ensure the bars hold together well, it is important to cool them for an hour or two before slicing.
Best No-Bake Granola Bars Recipe storage
After cutting the cooled bars into strips, transfer them to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for a firmer consistency or at room temperature for a softer, chewy texture. For best quality, it is best to take it within 4 to 5 days.
Wrap them individually in wax paper or plastic wrap for a snack on the go.
Best No-Bake Granola Bars Recipe Variations
- replace almond butter Peanut butter for a different flavour.
- Add any files dried fruit Likes – Cranberries, raisins, apricots, or cherries are all great options. Cut large fruits into small pieces if necessary.
- Attempt candy chips instead of chocolate. Butterscotch and peanut butter are a delicious combination!
- Replace a few grains or oats with a few dried and chopped grains coconut. You want to make sure you keep the proportion of dry ingredients the same to avoid a drying result.
- use any Nuts or seeds You like almonds and/or peanuts.
Best No-Bake Granola Bars Recipe card
- 2 ½ Glasses Crispy rice cereal Like Rice Krispies
- 2 Glasses quick cooking oats
- ½ cup Coarse chopped raw almonds my choice
- ½ cup Coarsely chopped salted peanuts my choice
- ½ cup Packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ honey
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ⅔ cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1 small spoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 cup Sweet, bitter or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cereal, oats, and nuts (if using) in a large mixing bowl. Sit aside.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat it until it boils, then remove it from the heat and add the peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and stir until smooth. Pour over the dry mixture and mix well. If necessary, coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray and use your coated hands to combine well. Add chocolate chips, stirring to distribute throughout.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish using the back of a tablespoon or a piece of wax paper.
- Put it in the fridge for an hour or two before cutting it into bars
- Store in an airtight container. For bars with a firmer texture, keep the container in the refrigerator. For softer, chewier bars, store the container at room temperature.