Hi girls, welcome to Cooktophia, Now I will make Strawberry And Peach Smoothie. Fresh and healthy smoothie with a creamy milkshake texture. A strawberry and peach smoothie is a great way to start the day or have a delicious afternoon snack!
Why Strawberry And Peach Smoothie?
My juice cravings are very specific. I don’t crave the icy brain-freezing variety, I crave those with creamy milkshakes. Although it seems indulgent, you can use healthy ingredients to create that creamy texture without adding an excessive amount of calories.
The best smoothies are, in my humble opinion, made with frozen fruit so I like to have a lot of different varieties in my freezer so we can make smoothies any time we feel like it. You can use store-bought frozen fruit like I did when I made the Good Morning Sunshine Smoothie, or you can check out the instructions on how to freeze all kinds of fresh berries and fruits yourself. Smoothies are a big part of my motivation to freeze things.
The flavor and consistency of this creamy strawberry and peach smoothie makes it exceptionally kid-friendly. If your kids are old enough to run a blender, this smoothie is a healthy breakfast or after-school snack they can make for themselves.
Strawberry And Peach Smoothie Ingredients Notes
- Frozen strawberries and peaches Starting with frozen fruits ensures a thicker, creamier result. This recipe is based on what I had in the freezer at the moment but you can substitute a variety of fruit or berries for peaches and strawberries if you’d like. Whatever fruit you have or whatever catches your eye in the store, it will be great. Check out my instructions on how to quick freeze if you want to get the most out of your fruits and berries in season.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – He adds that a luxurious, creamy texture is very important. Greek yogurt is high in protein and calcium, and its texture is amazing. I always use skim but you can use 2% or full fat, if desired.
- Milk – I use 2% regular milk but I’ve also used dairy-free milk including almond milk and a coconut/almond milk blend. All of this will result in a slightly different flavor and all delicious! I especially like the slight hint of coconut from the coconut milk blends.
- honey A small amount of honey is all you need to add a little sweetness.
How to make Strawberry And Peach Smoothie?
- Put the frozen fruit in the blender.
- Add the Greek yogurt, milk, and honey and blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional milk, if needed, to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour the juices into two 12-ounce or larger glasses and serve.
When my junior was an athlete in high school, he craved smoothies every day. If you keep your freezer full of fruit, it’s easy for your school-aged kids to whip up this creamy strawberry smoothie for themselves any time of the day or night.
Creamy Strawberry And Peach Smoothie
Fresh and healthy smoothie with a creamy milkshake texture. A strawberry and peach smoothie is a great way to start the day or have a delicious afternoon snack!
- 1 cup Plain fat free greek yogurt (2% or full-fat Greek yogurt can be used, if desired)
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 cup frozen strawberry
- ¾ cup 2% milk Or as needed (non-dairy milk such as almond, coconut, or an almond/coconut milk blend can be used)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional milk, if needed, to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour into two 12-ounce or larger cups.
Calories: 188Calories | Carbohydrates: 29g | protein: 14g | fat: 3g | Saturated fat: 1g | Unsaturated fats: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 527mg | the basic: 3g | sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 233mg | iron: 1mg