Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia, Now I will make Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe. This Shredded Brussels sprouts salad with orange poppy seed dressing is one of my favorites salad recipes. The bandage is worthy of saliva. Crispy hummus is just that little bit of a salty bite you crave in a salad, and manchego cheese…it’s the best!
Why Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe?
I rarely post salad recipes because they don’t do it well chicken recipesAnd the ground beef recipes or allll the dessert recipes like us The famous moist chocolate cake. Which I get, I mean who wants Google salad recipes when you can look at them Holly chicken. However, the truth is that we are already big salad eaters. Especially me.
I’ve already posted my favorite salad recipe, but the grated Brussels sprouts salad is a close second. So close that it’s probably only tied to first place. Don’t make me choose! I love them both!
Insecurity in power
Do you suffer from insecurity in authority? I know it’s not a real thing so don’t google it, but I used to get it and still had to fight the urge to feel pressured again.
Mine love power. I mean, I absolutely love him. I love the different combinations a restaurant can create, and I love the variety, textures, and flavors all stacked in one bowl. And I hate the eye-twisting I get for ordering it.
There you are, all tucked away at the table at your favorite brunch spot and when your girlfriend group hears you’re ordering a sliced salad, the eye balls start rolling. And it’s one of the most unpleasant things about raising a teen, so I’m already on high gear.
Guys, ordering a salad doesn’t mean you are afraid to order, some of us actually love a big salad piled high with so many ingredients and that delicious sauce!!
Which is why I also love to make a killer salad at home, and this recipe is definitely at the top of my list!
What Ingredients Do I Need for Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe?
This salad has the perfect blend of sweet and savory, chewy and crunchy, light and fresh, and everything in between. Here is what you will need:
- Mix brussels salad and shredded kale bag
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- apple butter
- ground mustard
- dark brown sugar
- Orange juice
- Zest the orange
- Poppy seed dressing
The measurements for each are listed in the recipe card which you can find at the end of the post. You can print or save the entire recipe there.
How to make grated Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
There’s not much to do with power, is there? Just throw everything together! The bandage needs more work, so here are the instructions:
- Gather all ingredients together.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until soft. Reduce the heat if necessary so as not to burn.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan except for the poppy seed dressing.
- Mix everything together and simmer until it thickens.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then whisk in the poppy seed sauce.
- Once it cools completely, add it to the salad and toss to coat.
Instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
How to chop Brussels sprouts
If you can’t find pre-cut Brussels sprouts, you can definitely make your own. The best way to chop it up is in a food processor. Put a few handfuls inside and mix until finely chopped. You can also use a mandolin or chop it up by hand with a fine knife. Make sure to remove the stem end first.
Are chickpeas the same as Garbanzo beans?
Garbanzo is a type of chickpea, which is rich in protein.
What are leeks?
Leeks are in the same family as onions, but they don’t have the sting you get from white or yellow onions. Shallots have a sweet and mild flavor with a hint of garlic.
What to eat with Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe?
I like to eat this salad as a main course for dinner, but I know some people out there refuse to accept that a salad can be a main course. haha! You can add some grilled chicken to it, or serve it alongside just another protein side plate. Here are some ideas:
The main dish or the side dish, this salad will get everyone talking! Leftovers make a delicious lunch, too!
Can salad recipes be prepared prematurely?
This salad can be prepared ahead of time if you keep all the ingredients separate. Then toss everything together before serving.
The dressing can be prepared a week ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How long does brussels sprouts salad last?
The salad doesn’t last long because of all the ingredients you add. The greens become soft and the pepitas and chickpeas begin to get liquid, especially if the dressing is added to the whole salad. It’s great the next day, but I won’t get over that much.
If you want them to last a little longer, store before adding the sauce and reserve the pepitas and hummus to add just before serving.
give me all salad recipes! I love them and my family loves them too. Shredded Brussels sprouts, kale, and spinach combine to make a delicious base for all the desserts you add to this salad—roasted chickpeas, oranges, blueberries, pepitas, manchego cheese, and chrysanthemum. The homemade sauce Creamy, refreshing and it’s the best thing ever!
Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe card
- 1/2 bag power mix Grated Brussels and turnip
- 1/2 bag spinach section
- 1 cup chickpeas salted and roasted (it’s a bag of crunchy chickpeas I buy at Costco or the grocery store)
- 1 1/2 orange chopped (zest first for seasoning)
- 1 cup blueberry
- 2/3 cup CRIZEN
- 1/3 cup nuggets Or sliced almonds will work
- 1 1/2 cups manchego cheese shredded (or whatever you want)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot sliced
- 2 big spoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple butter
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar dark
- 1/2 orange squeezed
- 1 orange grated
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup Poppy seed dressing
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and cook shallots until soft, stirring to medium-low as needed so they don’t burn.
- Add all other ingredients except for the poppy seed seasoning.
- Whisk and simmer until firm, set aside to cool slightly, then whisk in poppy seeds or shake them all into a jar.
Store the sauce in a jar with a lid in the refrigerator.