Hi girls. welcome to Cooktophia, now I will make Best Gorgonzola Steak Salad Recipe. Little Grilled corn and gorgonzola steak salad It is the perfect way to end a beautiful summer full of moments and memories. The flavor will kick your socks off!!
The most delicate balsamic steak Cooked over a perfect medium heat, thinly sliced and layered Grilled corn And zucchini and juice tomatoes All over the top of the fresh mix of green and speckled Gorgonzola cheese. It is best served with sourdough bread that has been sliced and grilled with a little olive oil and garlic. Geez, I’m hungry again!
Why Best Gorgonzola Steak Salad Recipe?
Do you have a recipe that has evolved so much over the years that it is almost unlike the original? It’s kind of like my life. Who I thought I was, and what I thought I loved, needed, and wanted was like nothing…well maybe still a bit similar to who I am and what I am now. This is exactly what I think it should be. A little growth, a lot of learning and better in the end.
I originally started making a file steak salad Only with simple vegetables and tomatoes. This evolved as we visited more restaurants, one in particular here in Utah and they added fresh herbs and blue cheese, which got a little easier with Gorgonzola so that was quickly changed. I could go on, but eventually I took a nod from the Aberdeen Kitchen to fill in all the missing pieces!
Best Gorgonzola Steak Salad ingredients
Get a steak from the butcher and head over to the produce section! This is where you will get almost all the ingredients for this salad recipe. Oh, and a few things for a delicious seasoning you probably already have in stock. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yellow sweet corn on the cob
- Spring Mix
- dandelion heads
- Grape tomato (petit medley)
- green onion
- Gorgonzola cheese
- lemon peel
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
All ingredient measurements can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
How to make Best Gorgonzola Steak Salad Recipe
You’ll start steak seasoning, so head over to our site for the best steak seasoning ever and get that first. Then these are the steps for making this salad:
- Grill the steak as described in the same leaflet and let it rest before slicing.
- Ship the corn on the grill and when it’s cool enough to tolerate, cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Fry the zucchini on the stove top and season with salt and pepper.
- Add all the greens, dandelion, greens, herbs and lemon peel to a large bowl, along with a pinch of salt and lemon juice, and stir everything together.
- You can add some dressing (see directions below) now or let people decorate their own salad.
- Add the steak to the top of the salad and sprinkle with the gorgonzola.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a jar, put the lid on and shake until combined.
All of these instructions are also mentioned in the recipe card below. You can find more details there and you can also save or print the recipe from the recipe card.
What is gorgonzola cheese?
Gorgonzola is a blue-veined cheese that originates in Italy and is made from cow’s milk. It can range from soft butter to firm and crumbly. It is salty and has a strong flavour.
There are a few types of cheese that can be replaced with gorgonzola:
- Blue d’Overnive
- Goat cheese
- sweet gorgonzola
What kind of steak should I use?
My first choice of steak for this recipe is A barn steakBut tracking it down is very difficult. I can only find it in the butcher’s shop. If you can’t find barn steak, look for steak Tanoura steak or wing steak. It can sometimes be hard to find these two too, but have better luck with those at the grocery store. Ask the butcher for help.
How long do you keep Best Gorgonzola Steak Salad ?
Grilled steak can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The power itself will not last more than a day. I highly recommend trying to finish it when serving, especially if salad dressing has been applied.
Is the salad considered a main dish or a side dish? When there is a delicious steak, I will call it the main course of the day. Either way, this Gorgonzola Steak Salad He is a rock star! You will love it! The steak is absolutely delicious, and the grilled corn keeps it fresh and adds a touch of sweetness. And the gorgonzola is just the salty morsel you need to bring all the flavors together!
Best Gorgonzola Steak Salad Recipe
A little roasted corn and a Gorgonzola steak salad is the perfect way to end a beautiful summer full of moments and memories. The flavor will kick your socks off!!
- 1 1/2 ears of sweet yellow corn Boiled for 5-7 minutes
- 6 cups Spring Mix
- 1 Cup Rocca
- 2 dandelion heads Pulp removed and roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini Sliced and quartered
- 2 cups Tomato Petit Medley Grape Container about 8-10 ounces, tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 intrusive monitoring green onion sliced
- 1 shallot thin slices
- 4 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 big spoons basil minced
- 2 big spoons parsley minced
- 1 carnation garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon peel
- black pepper broken
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1 carnation garlic minced
- 1 small spoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 a pinch Salt and Pepper
- In a large ziplock bag, add the dressing ingredients. Seal the bag and crush it to mix the ingredients. Add the steak and season according to the recipe instructions.
- Grill the steak according to the recipe and set it aside to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat a gas grill or grill to high heat. Dry the corn and roast it on each side. Set aside until cool enough to touch and remove all corn kernels in a bowl.
- Place a frying pan over the stove and heat it over medium heat. Add a little olive oil and add the zucchini once hot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and marinate on each side for about 2 minutes per side, or until charred marks appear. Sit aside.
- In a large bowl, add greens, dandelion, greens, herbs and lemon peel. Add a pinch of salt and lemon juice to taste. Toss together. If desired, add some of the sauce and stir again or let your guests dress completely.
- On a plate, arrange the vegetables with the greens. Cover with steaks and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with the remaining sauce.
For a sweeter marinade, use 1/3 cup brown sugar.
Grilled steak can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Best Gorgonzola Steak Salad Nutrition Facts
Grilled corn and gorgonzola steak salad
Amount per serving (6 ounces)
calories from fat 126
% Daily Value*
fat 14 grams22%
Saturated fat 2 g13%
carbohydrates 80 grams27%
Fiber 1 g4%
sugar 42 g47%
protein 2 grams4%
Vitamin A 285 IU6%
Vitamin C 61 mg74%
Calcium 408 mg41%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.