Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia, now we will make Delicious Chili Recipe. You’ll never need another chili recipe again! This is the most basic, family-friendly, veggie-packed and delicious chili recipe. Perfect with cornbread or corn casserole.
Why Delicious Chili Recipe?
I love goodness and comfort chili recipe Especially during the colder months of the year, this one will not disappoint. This particular recipe is filled with ground beef, lots of beans, and lots of vegetables, and is cooked into a thick, flavorful stew. Never need another chili recipe again! This is the most basic, family-friendly, veggie-packed, and delicious, all-in-one chili recipe ever!! Enjoy with plain cheese or with avocado, sour cream, or any other toppings you like.
Delicious Chili Recipe main components
- olive oil, onion + garlic – Three Ingredients This recipe starts off with the right foot.
- Carrots, celery + zucchini – Three vegetables I sneak into this dish for flavor and nutrition.
- Minced meat + beef broth – These two add protein and depth of flavor. If you’re looking to make this vegetarian, leave out the meat and replace the broth with vegetable broth.
- Tomato cubes + tomato sauce – These two are canned to make things easier.
- black beans + pinto – Since beans are so rich and tolerate hours of cooking plus all these seasonings, any type of bean is fine. Use what you have! I used pinto and black beans.
- corn – I used frozen corn but you can definitely add canned corn. Make sure to drain before adding.
- salt + pepper – Don’t forget to season!
- cumin powder + chili – Keep it simple (and light!) with just the seasoning. If you want to add more heat or more flavor, try cayenne pepper, cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, or even cocoa powder.
The classic bean found in nearly every chili recipe is Red beans, but here are some other alternatives that might be great alternatives:
- white beans
- chickpea beans (chickpeas)
- Red beans
- White kidney beans (cannellini beans)
- butter beans
- Pinto beans
- black beans
When cooking with any canned beans, be sure to drain and rinse them well for best results.
How to make Delicious Chili Recipe
This recipe is a simple “slice and drop” type of recipe. Chop the vegetables, add the beef and season well. Put in cans of beans, cans of tomatoes and meat broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the mixture to a simmer, and cook as long as possible. Stir in some frozen corn for an added bonus and enjoy! For full recipe details, scroll down to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe card.
Step 1: Saute the vegetables
In a large pot, heat up oil On a medium heat. sauteed Onions, garlic, carrots, celery and zucchini Until slightly softened, 5 minutes.
Step 2: Add the meat + the remaining ingredients
Drops Meat into the saucepan and break it up using a wooden spoon. Cook until the meat is well cooked and browned. stir in remaining ingredients The mixture is boiled. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes but up to 3 hours. If you notice that the chili has become too thick or sticking to the bottom of the pot, add a little water or beef broth.. I like to use a heavy bottomed Dutch oven for this recipe. It retains heat well and usually does not burn.
Step 3: Put your desired add-ons on top
Serve with Desired toppings and/or cornbread.
How do you thicken Delicious Chili Recipe?
If you cook the chili long enough, you don’t need to thicken it at all. The longer it boils, the thicker and more flavorful it becomes. No need to use flour or cornstarch.
If you want to thicken the broth, try adding it 1 tablespoon of cornmeal to your chili recipe and cook over low heat for an hour.
What do you serve with chili?
There are so many things that go perfectly with this best chili recipe! Things like homemade rolls, crackers, or cornbread are perfect. Buttery corn casserole would be delicious, too.
Oh man man, when I make a chili recipe, I love loading up the toppings! Here are some of our favourites:
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Avocado slices
- sour cream
- Onion cubes
- lemon wedges
- chopped lettuce
- Hot sauce (if that’s your thing)
Delicious Chili Recipe
You’ll never need another chili recipe again! This is the basic, family-friendly, veggie-packed, delicious, one-pot chili recipe I’ve ever had!!
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and zucchini until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Drop the meat into the pot and crumble it with a wooden spoon. Cook until the meat is well cooked and brown, add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes but up to 3 hours. If you notice that the chili has become too thick or sticking to the bottom of the pot, add a little more water or beef broth.
- Serve with desired toppings and/or cornbread.
Calories: 551Calories | Carbohydrates: 57g | protein: 31g | Fat: 24g | Saturated fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 54mg | sodium: 642mg | Potassium: 1623mg | the basic: 17g | sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4317IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 138mg | iron: 7mg