Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia, now we will make Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe. Rich and creamy Homemade strawberry ice cream With real strawberry flavor! You asked and we answer!
I’m actually not a fan of ice cream, but I’m learning that really good ice cream, especially on a crazy hot day (new summer 2021) is exactly what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately I’ve never found a strawberry ice cream that I’m 100% obsessed with. The strawberries were always too icing and the flavor was missing.
I’ve tried everything, jams, smoothies, Nestle powder and no, I’m not kidding. I even marinated or cooked strawberries and threw them in but everything fell out. The water content ruined everything and then Freeze Dried Strawberry Popped into my mind!
Why Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe?
The rest was history. It is definitely a game changer. All that flavor, but not one sweet icy berry!!
And you should definitely use this ice cream maker and these containers. I guess it’s annoying to freeze the bowl, but it’s the only ice cream maker we’ve found that keeps the bowl frozen, the buttons allow you to choose what you make, the timer goes off when you’re done and the top closes to keep the cold air in and the excess air out, thus making thicker, creamier ice cream .
Speaking of creamy, yolk It is the only way. Check out our other ice cream recipes and you’ll see that it’s absolutely the most important ingredient for making thick, creamy and rich ice cream.
Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe ingredients
It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients at all! Here is your grocery list:
- heavy cream
- vanilla beans
- Freeze Dried Strawberry
Sometimes freeze dried strawberries are hard to find. I’ve been very lucky to find them in the snack or health food section of the grocery store. In fact, I saw some of them on Dollar Tree a couple of weeks ago. It blew my mind but I grabbed those kids!
Measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card below.
How to make Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- Combine all ingredients except eggs and strawberries in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat the mixture until bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Then remove the pan from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl until pale yellow.
- Add some strawberries to a blender and blend until powdered.
- Remove a few tablespoons (5 inches) from the hot cream mixture and add to the eggs, one tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly.
- professional advice: This heats the eggs slowly without stirring them. We don’t want that!
- Then slowly add the egg mixture to the hot cream mixture, whisking constantly, and return the saucepan to the stove over medium-low heat.
- Add the strawberry powder and whisk vigorously to incorporate everything.
- Crumble up the remaining strawberries and add them as well.
- Stir constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker.
- Put them in an ice cream bowl and then put them in the freezer for several hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
All these instructions can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes, but I don’t recommend it. The water in the strawberries (frozen or fresh) makes the ice cream pop out more snow than I like. But if you cannot find freeze-dried strawberries, they can be used fresh or frozen.
Can I use other berries?
You can definitely use any frozen dried fruit you can find! Raspberries are also wonderful!
How Much Ice Cream Does This Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe Make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings of about 1/2-3/4 cups each. Perfect dessert for the whole family!
How is homemade ice cream stored?
We are completely sold out on these ice cream packages. They make scooping very easy and are airtight, keeping the ice cream nice and fresh. Store in the freezer for up to two weeks.
This is the best, the creamiest and the most delicious strawberry ice cream you will ever have. It will make ice cream lovers obsessed with anyone! Homemade ice cream Real strawberry flavor doesn’t get better than this!
Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe Card
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup equal
- 1 1/2 vanilla beans scrap (get rid of the pods and use the insides only)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 large egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups Freeze Dried Strawberry divided
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the heavy cream, half cream, sugar, vanilla beans and seeds. Stirring occasionally, heat the mixture until bubbles form around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 6 egg yolks vigorously until pale yellow. Sit aside.
- Add 2 cups of frozen dried strawberries to a blender and blend until it turns into a powder, set aside.
- After removing the cream mixture from the heat, remove a few tablespoons of the hot cream mixture from the pan and, slowly with constant whisking, pour the hot cream mixture into the eggs. Don’t add eggs straight up or they will scramble at the bottom.
- Once you have added about 5 tablespoons of the hot mixture, return the pan with the cream mixture to medium-low heat and slowly whisk in the entire egg mixture.
- Add the strawberry powder, and whisk the ingredients vigorously until combined and then toss the rest of the strawberries into the pan as well, stirring until blended. Heat, stirring constantly, until firm (*see note). Do not cook more than 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator (several hours or overnight). Once mixture has cooled, freeze according to the ice cream maker’s instructions (4-5 liter machine).
- Put them in an ice cream bowl and leave them in the freezer for at least four hours before serving.
You should be able to dip the back of the spoon into the mixture and the cream should cover the back of the spoon. You can test this by dragging your finger through the cream on the back of the spoon and if it leaves a trace you are done.