Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia recipe blog. Now we will make Best Chicken Caprese Sandwich Recipe. Grilled chicken breasts with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella folded between two slices of ciabatta rolls dipped in pesto…it’s it Caprese It must be a sandwich!
Our friends taught us this recipe years and years ago and I’ve been adapting it here and there ever since. I adore a good caprese but I learn that not every caprese is to die for. Some are just a good, clean sandwich. And that’s cool, I’m going to keep devouring it, but turn your eyes back in your head and forget all the conversations on the table, now that’s chicken caprese with a balsamic coating.
Whether you want it with or without chicken, you’ll love it! Read on for all my secrets to making this sandwich
Here are my secrets to the Best Chicken Caprese Sandwich Recipe!
- Really good bread. We prefer to use sourdough, Focaccia Or as shown in the pictures- ciabatta. I mean go for it here. Don’t just buy junk bread but go to a really cool shop that makes great bread. It does not matter. It is the carrier of all components!
- Marinate the chicken in the best chicken marinade ever. I understand why. Our chicken marinade is absolutely delicious!
- Garden tomatoes or farm tomatoes are best because they have more flavor.
- Toast the inside of the bread after brushing it with olive oil (or melted butter), then rub it once, golden and crunchy, with half a clove of garlic. It changes life!!!!
- Well, here’s the deal, sometimes we make this sandwich or grill it, while other times we just leave it fresh. It is 100% up to you!
- The second option is to throw in a bit of fresh spinach or basil, or try both!
Chicken Caprese sandwich ingredients
Head over to our Marinated Chicken Breast recipe for all the chicken ingredients. Then you will need the following ingredients to complete the sandwich:
All measurements and details can be found in the recipe card below.
How to make Best Chicken Caprese Sandwich Recipe
Chicken can marinate for up to 12 hours, so it’s a good idea to do it first thing in the morning and leave it on throughout the day. Then roast in a few minutes. Assemble the sandwiches as follows:
- Cut the bread in half and brush a little olive oil on each side.
- Then fry the bread in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until golden. You can also grill it.
- Rub each side with half a garlic clove.
- Foam half with pesto.
- Put the chicken, mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle a little balsamic glaze on top, then place the other half of the cake.
These instructions can also be found in the recipe card at the end of the post. It can be printed or saved from there.
What kind of cheese do you use in Best Chicken Caprese Sandwich Recipe?
Fresh mozzarella is the typical type of cheese for anything caprese. And it has to be really fresh… It’s so much better than bricks for this kind of sandwich!
How long will pesto keep?
Homemade pesto Can be kept in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Read our posts about our favorite pesto recipe to learn all about making and storing pesto.
Be prepared to roll your eyes in your head when you take a bite of this Chicken Caprese Sandwich! The chicken is juicy and delicious, then you add the layers of tomato, mozzarella, pesto and balsamic…you can just forget about it!
Best Chicken Caprese Sandwich Recipe
- 2 chicken breast Large
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 carnation garlic
- mozzarella cheese fresh and chopped
- tomatoes Fresh Roma, sliced
- balsamic glaze
- 4-5 rolls Roasted ciabatta or kaiser rolls
- Make marinated roast chicken.
- Cut the bread in half and brush each side with olive oil. Fry the bread in a cast iron skillet (or grill) over medium heat.
- Rub each side of the bread with half a garlic clove.
- Drizzle half of the bread with pesto.
- Put the chicken, mozzarella and tomatoes and sprinkle with a little balsamic glaze.
- Put the other half of the cake on top of it. Have fun!
Wrap and store leftovers in the refrigerator for 1-2 days