Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia homemade recipe blog. Now we will make Delicious Sausage And Cabbage Recipe. The cabbage and sausage really is a perfect match and nothing more than sautéed together in a cabbage and sausage skillet.
I’ve made countless dishes that combine these two ingredients, but when I saw this simple recipe inside Gina’s new cookbook, One and Done, I knew it had to happen soon.
This dish highlights everything delicious about these two ingredients without adding much to the dish. It’s cabbage and sausage in its simplest, delicious state.
As a bonus, this skillet meal is easy to assemble without warning making it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Why Delicious Sausage And Cabbage Recipe?
Nothing special is required to make this recipe. Start with the cabbage and sausage, then chop the onion, add a little garlic, salt, pepper and a little vinegar.
You’ll be cooking dinner in almost no time and the meal will be delicious.
cabbage and sausage
What is the cabbage and sausage combination? These two components complement each other very nicely, and it does not matter what they are combined with.
The salty and smoked sausage, with fried soft cabbage, is a guaranteed win with my family. While raw cabbage has little flavor on its own and can be bitter or a little peppery, cooked cabbage tastes sweeter and picks up additional flavors from foods you cook with it – for example, sausage.
When these two ingredients are cooked together, the result is a meal that everyone in my family orders over and over again. I like it so much that I’ve lost count of the recipes I’ve made that contain a mix of cabbage and sausage.
Delicious Sausage And Cabbage Recipe
I love a good baked cabbage recipe like layered cabbage rolls and you’ll never hear me complain about the cabbage soup simmered to sweet perfection as in the Mexican white bean and cabbage soup recipe.
But fried cabbage and sausage? This is what I find myself craving the most when I want to cook sausage and cabbage together.
This Sautéed Cabbage and Sausage recipe begins with sautéing kielbasa sausage in a skillet with a little oil. Once the meat is cooked, saute the onions and cabbage in the skillet with salt, pepper and garlic.
A dash of red wine vinegar flavors meats and vegetables to bring the entire dish together.
If you’ve been reading here for any length of time, you know that I don’t usually shy away from adding spices and herbs to my recipes.
Sometimes, though, you just want the pure taste of cabbage and sausage without any additives. Kielbasa is a lot spicy on its own and I can’t imagine a better combination for a simple skillet dinner.
- Kielbasa recipes are my favorite meals for a quick and easy dinner. It’s a rare day you don’t find kielbasa sausages waiting to be used in my fridge. The comfort factor can’t be beat.
- I tend to pick up a few kielbasa sausages at a time and use them in our favorite recipes.
- Herb potatoes with kielbasa and corn have been one of my easy dinner recipes for years. Try the Skillet Mexican Street Corn with Kielbasa or Kielbasa Cabbage and Potato Skillet for something a little different.
- Kielbasa and Shrimp Fried Rice is a hearty meal that all my family will enjoy. And if you’ve got a green Chile lover in your life, you’ll want to try Garlicky Potato, Kielbasa, and Green Chile Skillet.
- If you love paper plate meals as much as I do, you’ll want to try the Kielbasa Dinner and Pierogies Sheet Pan. Asparagus Kielbasa Bow Tie pasta is another great way to use sausage for an easy dinner.
Delicious Sausage And Cabbage Recipe card
- Cut the kielsa in half lengthwise, then cut it into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil and the kielbasa. Stir and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the kielbasa to a plate.
- Return the skillet to the stove and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the rest of the oil and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften.
- Add garlic, cabbage, salt and pepper. My heart is good to mix. Cover and cook, stirring every 4-5 minutes, until cabbage is wilted, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and return the cassava to the pot. Stir and cover for another 3 minutes, until the cabbage is tender and the kaaba is hot.
- Taste and add salt if needed. Her feet are warm.
Delicious Sausage And Cabbage Recipe directions
- Cut the kielsa in half lengthwise, then cut it into 1/2-inch pieces. Heat a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil and the kielbasa. Stir and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the kielbasa to a plate.
- Return the skillet to the stove and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the rest of the oil and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften. Add garlic, cabbage, salt and pepper. My heart is good to mix. Cover and cook, stirring every 4-5 minutes, until cabbage is wilted, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and return the cassava to the pot. Stir and cover for another 3 minutes, until the cabbage is tender and the kaaba is hot. Taste and add salt if needed. Enjoy!
The original recipe is written with turkey sausage. If that’s your preference, it will work well in this recipe. My family prefers traditional kielbasa, so this is our pick for this dish.
Calories: 484Calories · Carbohydrates: 17g · protein: 19g · Fat: 38g · Saturated fat: 12g · Cholesterol: 79mg · sodium: 1035mg · Potassium: 694mg · the basic: 6g · sugar: 8g · Vitamin A: 225IU · Vitamin C: 86.2mg · Calcium: 111mg · iron: 2.8mg