Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia, now we will make Best Hawaiian Rolls Recipe. Delicate and a little sweet, this one Best Hawaiian Rolls Recipe Made with pineapple juice and it’s the softest and best wrap around! It’s good for scrolling sliders
Ingredients needed for Best Hawaiian Rolls Recipe
These rolls may sound fancy, but they are made just like regular dinner rolls but with a couple of toppings. Here is your grocery list:
- Yeast – instant
- Pineapple juice
- professional adviceUse canned pineapple juice, as fresh pineapple juice contains enzymes that kill gluten
- Butter – unsalted
- sea salt – fine
- Vegetable oil
- evaporated milk
- an egg
- All-Purpose Flour
Measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the end of this post.
What can you substitute for evaporated milk?
You can make your own by boiling 2 1/4 cups of regular milk to 1 cup.
Or you can use a mixture of half and half whole milk.
What’s in a Best Hawaiian Rolls Recipe?
I mentioned a few extras that make these rolls different from a regular dinner roll. The slight sweetness in these rolls comes from the pineapple juice and honey in the dough. It is accurate but very good! The pineapple juice also helps make the rolls extra soft and moist.
How to make Best Hawaiian Rolls Recipe?
- grated milk Heat the milk in a saucepan over a medium heat until it foams around the edges. Add the butter, water, sugar and honey to the pan and stir until the butter melts. Leave it to cool down until lukewarm.
- Yeast activation Sprinkle the yeast over the milk mixture and stir until combined. Pour everything into a mixer. Let the mixture rest for a few minutes until it foams.
- wet ingredients Pour the rest of the wet ingredients (including the salt) into the blender and stir until combined.
- make dough Now we will add the flour to make the dough. Start by adding 8 cups and mixing using the included dough hook. Add another cup of flour and mix until the dough forms a ball around the hook.
- first ascent – Take the bowl out of the blender and cover it. Let the dough rise for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Rolls shape Flour your work surface and flip the dough over. Pull out the dough pieces and shape them into balls. Try to keep its size uniform.
- second height Place the dough balls on a cookie tray and cover with a piece of cloth. Let them rise until they double in size. While it’s rising, make honey butter (see instructions below). As soon as it rises, grease the surface with honey butter.
- Bread Bake the rolls until golden.
- ghee Remove the rolls from the oven and grease the surface again with honey butter.
How to store Best Hawaiian Rolls Recipe
Store the rolls in plastic wrap or baking bags for up to a week, or freeze them for up to 1 month.
How Long Will Hawaiian Rolls Be?
These rolls can be kept for 5-7 days if stored in a plastic bag. It can also be frozen for up to one month.
Can you freeze bread dough?
If you freeze the dough before baking, the dough will keep for up to 6 months. Form the dough into balls, put them on a baking tray and put them in the freezer for a couple of hours. Then wrap it in plastic wrap and place the rolled dough balls in a plastic bag.
When you’re ready to bake the bread, move the rolls to the refrigerator overnight and set them on the counter to allow them to reach room temperature. Then let them rise the second time and follow the instructions as written.
Best Hawaiian Rolls Recipe also make great chip rolls. Slider cheeseburger or french dip slider are two of my favorites. You can always buy in store, but these homemade rolls are divine if you want to go completely from scratch.
If you want soft, fluffy homemade rolls that look like carb lovin heaven pillows, this is Hawaiian rolls It should be next on your baking list.
Best Hawaiian Rolls Recipe Card
- 3 big spoons yeast immediately
- 2 cups Leben
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Pineapple juice
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup ghee unsalted
- 2 big spoons sea salt fine
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup evaporated milk
- 1 an egg big, whipped
- 11-13 cups precise
- 1/2 Cup ghee
- 4 big spoons honey
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk and cook until it begins to form foam around the edges and is heated through. Do not boil.
- Gently put the butter, water, sugar and honey in the pan and stir until the butter melts, then leave to cool until hot.
- Sprinkle with yeast and stir until combined. Put them in a blender and let rest for 3-5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add oil, salt, evaporated milk and eggs and mix well.
- Add 8 cups of flour and using a dough hook, mix the dough until it comes together.
- Carefully pour 1 cup of the flour until the dough comes together in a ball around the hook.
- Remove the bowl from the blender and cover with a cloth to rise for an hour or until doubled.
- Sprinkle the flour generously on the work surface and stir the dough.
- Turn it over so that all the dough contains flour and is not sticky.
- Shape the dough into balls.
- Place on cookie sheet to rise.
- Let it rise until it doubles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and gently rub butter all over the surface.
- Store in plastic bags or bread bags for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Combine honey and butter in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until melted together, and set aside.
- Apply honey butter to the rolls after a second rise in the pan and again after baking.