Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia. Now we will make Spinach and Berries Salad Recipe. This Spinach and berries salad with lemon dressing…It sounds so simple, but when you get that perfect bite of spinach, berries, brown almonds, sugar, and a light lemon vinaigrette, mercy!
Remember that once upon a time spinach salad was healthy? Well, we now have brown sugar almonds and a sweet marinade full of sugar to spoil it. Ha! In fact, it’s still healthier than a Caesar salad, but you get the point.
Seriously, we love this salad. My cousin Robin brought him into the family, and days later we were still talking about him. We had it for dinner one night and had leftovers for lunch the next day. Sweet appetite!! I love good salad recipe. Especially during the summer when you want something light to eat or a good idea to take to a barbecue or a meal.
Why Spinach and Berries Salad Recipe?
We are honestly obsessed with dressing up. I’ve never felt this way about a salad dressing before, and although I do feel guilty about the amount of sugar that goes into it, I wouldn’t give it up. like ever. I will eat salad every day just to sprinkle this sauce on it. Which is pretty simple, lemon, a little oil and ginger, bits of sugar (oops!), and pure gold. Well, there is no gold but it ends up tasting like liquid gold. In fact, that probably should be the name!
And let’s not forget our crunchy little friends, brown almond sugar. Salah!! We usually use almond slices because they hold the brown sugar a bit better, but we used the slice above. Just try not to pick it up because it’s cold. If it wasn’t for all the butter and sugar, this would be my new snack. I can eat a full bowl full! Try this power. Tomorrow will be a good day.
What ingredients are in Spinach and Berries Salad Recipe?
This recipe can be divided into three parts: almonds, dressing and salad. Here is what you will need:
- Brown sugar with almondsSliced (or sliced) almonds, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon
- sauceLemon juice, oil, sugar, ginger, lemon peel
- Power: Spinach, strawberries, tangerines, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
Measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
How to make Spinach and Berries Salad Recipe
Brown sugar with almonds
- Roast the almonds over medium heat in a saucepan on the stove. Stir them a little while roasting. You want them to blush a little.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Continue cooking, stirring, over medium heat until the brown sugar begins to bubble and stick to the almonds.
- Remove the almonds from the heat and place them on a parchment paper to cool.
- Pour all ingredients into a glass bowl and shake until combined.
- Combine spinach, berries and orange in a large bowl. Pour the almonds, then pour the sauce.
- Gather everything together and serve immediately.
All these instructions can be found in more detail in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Can almonds cause allergies?
All walnuts have the potential to cause an allergic reaction in some people.
These allergic reactions can range from a mild skin rash to severe breathing difficulties.
Are almonds good for you?
Almonds are very nutritious.
Almonds are rich in fiber, unsaturated fats, protein and calcium.
Could spinach be a source of iron?
Both raw and cooked spinach are excellent sources of iron, containing twice the amount of other leafy greens.
Spinach is also rich in protein, fiber, calcium, and vitamins A and E.
Variations in Spinach Berry Salad
Here are some other toppings you can add or substitute in this salad:
- red onion
- Grilled chicken
- Goat cheese
What to eat with Spinach and Berries Salad Recipe?
I initially mentioned that I love this salad in the summer, so here are some ideas for a main dish to go with it:
This is the brightest and best salad you’ll have all summer! The lemon sauce is sent straight from heaven, and the crunchy almond crunch and brown sugar have me coming back over and over again! Spinach and raspberry salad It’s on my list for this week!
Spinach and Berries Salad Recipe card
To prepare brown almond sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds fragment
- 2 big spoons ghee
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar Or more
- 1 small spoons cinnamon
- 1 cup Lemon juice Use as fresh as possible
- 1/2 cup oil Canola or vegetable
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 small spoon Ginger Land
- 1/8 cup lemon peel 2 tablespoons
- 1 Package spinach baby washed
- Strawberries sliced
- 1 Could you Orange and tangerine colander or blackberry
- Toast the almonds over medium heat, watching carefully so that they do not burn until slightly browned. Make sure to stir it while roasting.
- Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the brown sugar begins to bubble and stick to the almonds.
- Remove from the heat and spread the almonds on a parchment paper to cool.
- Combine spinach, berries and orange in a large bowl.
- Pour the required amount of dressing over the salad, toss everything together in a bowl, cover with almonds and serve immediately.
It should be eaten immediately, the salad does not store well.