Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia. Now we will make Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe. The kid loves sushi. Like, he loves it. I think it’s awful. Wait, I know, you all love it too, but I can’t jump on that bandwagon. I kind of would like to, but at this point, I’m just trying to find ways to survive. For example, I adore Cade and since he loves sushi I love going out with him for it.
The only smelly part is that I just sit around afterward without eating anything, so I generally try to have a bowl of teriyaki chicken or something similar. I loved this easy-to-grow chicken teriyaki dish and remember how I told you about our food Teriyaki chicken quesadilla? Yes, very tasty. Why didn’t I post such an easy and delicious recipe?!
Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
I think the real secret to teriyaki chicken, other than a good sauce, is the meat you use. Everyone goes for breast meat, which is great to have less fat, but it’s all about the thighs! Chicken thighs are moister and work well with teriyaki sauce.
In fact, I should probably ask if they can make teriyaki chicken sushi rolls!!! Genius! Oh, wait, except I don’t like seaweed. Dagnabit! be seen! I tried to like things. Are there any recommendations on which type I should try and which would be best for me? Meanwhile, bring out this easy teriyaki chicken dish for the family!
Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe ingredients
The best part of this chicken teriyaki recipe is without a doubt the homemade teriyaki chicken sauce. Oh my goodness those are delicious things! Best of all, it’s an easy teriyaki sauce recipe that takes less than 5 minutes to make.
Here’s what we use in our homemade teriyaki chicken recipe:
- I willow
- Brown sugar
- ground ginger
- Corn Starch
- Chicken thighs
- Salt and Pepper
- Sesame seeds and green onions, optional
How to make Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
This is really a simple teriyaki chicken recipe. All you have to do is whisk together the chicken teriyaki sauce, grill the chicken and serve! Here are the basic steps for mastering this teriyaki chicken recipe:
- Add the chicken teriyaki sauce ingredients to a saucepan and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it thicken, then set it aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then cook in a preheated grill pan.
- Cut the chicken into strips, then serve them with rice. Pour the homemade chicken teriyaki sauce on top.
Is teriyaki sauce gluten-free?
The most common source of gluten in teriyaki sauce is soy sauce. Most soy sauces, unless labeled as gluten-free, contain wheat, soy, salt, and water.
What can you substitute for rice in a Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe?
If you want to make your plate even healthier, you can serve easy teriyaki chicken with brown rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or in a lettuce wrap.
Can I make chicken teriyaki in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can! Make the sauce as directed in the instructions, then place the chicken in the slow cooker, salt and pepper, and pour the sauce over it. Simmer on low heat for 3-4 hours, or high for 2.
Tips for making the best Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
If desired, you can use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs. However, we like to use chicken thighs in this teriyaki chicken recipe because it yields a richer, juicier dish. You can cook chicken outside on a grill or indoors on a grill pan. And if you don’t have either, just cook the chicken in a frying pan with oil.
We like to garnish this easy teriyaki chicken with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, but both are optional. Stop buying teriyaki sauce at the grocery store! It is very easy to make at home with this Teriyaki chicken recipe. It’s the best of the best! This is our favorite Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe Using grilled and fried chicken thighs Best teriyaki sauce never ever!
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup I willow
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 carnation garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 small spoon ground ginger
- 2 big spoons Water
- 2 big spoons Corn Starch
- 8 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds and green onions to decorate
Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe instructions
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, honey, and ground ginger. The mixture is boiled.
- Meanwhile, whisk the water and cornstarch together and slowly whisk into the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to continue to cook over low heat for 1-3 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until completely cooked through.
- Let it rest on a plate for 2 minutes, then cut it into slices.
- Served over rice with sauce.
Keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days