Hi mom, welcome to Cooktophia. Now we will make Chocolate covered pastries Recipes. Customize it for any event with different layers and have fun!
Chocolate covered pastries Recipe
Chocolate-covered pastries are perfect to make with the kids in your life! Very easy to make and easy to clean! My kids helped me make these chocolate-covered pretzels and kept me calm and entertained for at least half an hour! Dipping pastries is fun, but decorating them is even more fun. And if your fingers slip and coat the chocolate, so be it! This is just a risk I am willing to take.
If you want to make a cute little gift, put the dried pastries in cellophane bags and tie them with a cute ribbon! I thought they were so cool
Chocolate covered pastries Recipe main components
You don’t need a lot of chocolate-covered pretzels, maybe like 4 ingredients. Yes, I told you it was easy! Here’s what you’ll need:
- chocolate – This can be any type of chocolate you want (milk, dark, white) or you can even use colorful candy (which would be perfect for any type of holiday event). You can use chocolate chips like me or higher quality chocolate.
- Vegetable oil helps thin the chocolate a bit as it melts and adds shine
- to pastries – And of course, you will need pastries. Original or mini size or even bars work too!
- Additions – These are optional but make the entire treatment more customizable and fun. More on this below!
Chocolate covered pastries Recipe top ideas
This is where the fun comes in! Here are all the ideas I can come up with that I can think of but feel free to search your pantry for other options
- Mini M&M’s
- Mini rice cut
- Crushed pastries
- sea salt
- melted chocolate
- Mini chocolate chips
- machine guns
- coconut pieces
- Chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, etc.)
- Crushed candy pieces
- bit died
- Freezer dried fruit (chopped or crushed)
How to make Chocolate covered pastries Recipe
For full details on how to make the chocolate-covered pretzels, see the recipe card below!
Step 1: Melt the chocolate
Melt the chocolate and vegetable oil in a fudge melter, in the microwave, or in a double boiler.
Step 2: Dip the pastry
Put the pretzels in the chocolate, flip-top cover, and then with a fork remove the pretzels from the chocolate. Gently shake off any excess and place on waxed paper.
Step 3: Cover with lids
Immediately decorate with the desired layer. (This allows you to do the snorkeling while your kids are snorkeling!
Step 4: Set + Enjoy!
Leave the pastry to set completely, then wrap as desired or store in an airtight container.
Chocolate covered pastries Recipe nutritions
Calories: 435Calories | Carbohydrates: 65g | protein: 9g | Fat: 16g | Saturated fat: 9g | Unsaturated fats: 1g | Monounsaturated fats: 5g | Unsaturated fats: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | sodium: 737mg | Potassium: 281mg | the basic: 4g | sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | iron: 6mg