Hi girls, welcome to Cooktophia. Now we will make this Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet recipe. The flavors you love in traditional stuffed peppers are all here in this easy stir-fry. You can have this satisfying meal on the table in 30 minutes!
I’ve been a fan of stuffed peppers for a long time. My mother used to make them on a regular basis, so the flavors carry a lot of nostalgia. I’ve cooked up a lot of delicious variations recipe, like stuffed Mexican peppers. But honestly, they don’t rotate regularly in my kitchen because they take a little longer than I usually do most nights of the week. Enter these wonderful “unstuffed peppers”.
Why does this Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet recipe work?
- This easy ground beef recipe is ready in about 30 minutes.
- Everything cooks in one pan which means easy cleaning.
- Includes healthy and easy-to-store ingredients.
- It is delicious and satisfying.
- The flavors are family-friendly, even for the little ones who don’t think they like sweet peppers.
- olive oil
- For minced meat, I use 90% lean ground beef.
- Onion Sweet yellow onions are my favorite for this recipe.
- minced garlic Whether fresh or assorted will work well.
- Tomato paste
- paprika I like to use a mix of red and green peppers for the traditional stuffed pepper flavor. Keep in mind that if your kids are unsure about their feelings for sweet peppers (or a dead set against them), you may have more luck with red, yellow, and/or orange peppers that are sweeter and lighter than green.
- Grilled tomato cubes on the fired
- rice Long grain white rice like jasmine rice.
- Low sodium beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- fresh parsley – I’m a fan of old curly parsley. It’s inexpensive and works well in this recipe.
- spices Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- cheese A mixture of shredded pepper jack cheese and sharp cheddar cheese.
How to make a Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch deep skillet and add the minced meat, onion, and garlic. Cook and chop the meat with a spoon until fully cooked and crumbly. Drain the excess fat from the pan and return to the heat.
- Stir the tomato paste into the beef until well combined. Add bell pepper, diced tomatoes, rice, beef broth, Worcestershire, fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture and leave the mixture to boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer over low heat for 15 to 18 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Remove the lid and stir until the rice is fluffy.
- Cover with cheese, cover skillet and cook until cheese melts. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.
How to Storage?
Refrigerate leftovers immediately in an airtight container and use them within 3 to 4 days for best quality.
For longer storage, transfer refrigerated leftovers to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost safely overnight in the refrigerator before reheating in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.
Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fairy 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion cubes
- 1 small spoon minced garlic
- 2 big spoons Tomato paste
- 1 cup red pepper cubes
- ½ cup green pepper cubes
- 14.5 ounce Can shoot diced roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup long-grain white rice like jasmine
- 2 ½ cups Low sodium beef broth
- 2 small spoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 big spoons Chopped fresh parsley divided
- 2 small spoons of Italian seasoning
- ½ small spoon smoked red pepper
- ½ small spoon of salt
- ½ small spoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded pepper cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet instructions
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch deep fryer over medium heat. Add minced meat, onion, and garlic and cook, cutting the meat with a spoon, until completely cooked and crumbly. Drain the excess fat from the pan and return to the heat. Stir the tomato paste with the beef until well combined. Add the paprika, diced tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire beef broth, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture and leave the mixture to boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 to 18 minutes until the rice is done.
- Stir the mixture to stir the rice. Cover with cheese, cover, and cook over low heat until cheese melts. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.