Hi, welcome to Cooktophia. Now, we will make Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe for kids. Frosted with sweet cream cheese and topped with colorful, fresh fruits, you’ll love them Fruit pizza cookies!
Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe
Very excited to share this Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe with you today! I know you all are crazy about my fruit pizza, so I thought I would make a small fruit pizza in the form of cookies to make it easy to serve, cute to serve, and delicious just like the original! These Fruit Pizza Cookies are made with sugar cookie dough, pressed into cookies, baked soft, frosted with cream cheese, and topped with fresh fruit. I know it’s a lot like my Swig Sugar cookies, but the recipe is completely different. deceive oh
These make an easy and refreshing dessert for the summer. I know you will love them!
Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe Main components
There are three main parts of this cookie recipe, the sugar cake base, cream cheese frosting, and fresh fruit. Here are the basic materials you will need. There’s nothing crazy here… You should have a lot of this already:
For sugar cookies
- Salted butter – You can also use unsalted butter, I found the salted version produces tastier cookies (salt helps).
- Granulated sugar – to sweeten.
- an egg – To add structure and use it for fabric.
- Vanilla + almond extract – Both are used for flavor. If you don’t like almond extract, just delete the vanilla extract and replace it.
- baking powder – This is our yeast agent.
- Flour – Accurate measuring is the most important part of this recipe! Make sure to whisk the flour well before measuring! Then place a spoon in your measuring cup and flatten the top.
To decorate cream cheese
- Butter + cream cheese – Both are at room temperature so they can be blended into a soft frosting. Creamy and refreshing!
- soft sugar – To sweeten and thicken the decorating cream.
- vanilla – For flavor.
What are the best fruits to use?
This is where you can customize your fruit pizza cookies to suit your preferences! You can go to the tropics (pineapple, mango, toasted coconut) or use all kinds of berries. The combinations are nearly endless. Obviously, I used a little bit of everything to make these cookies bright and colorful, but you can decorate them however you like. Try a rainbow of fruit or flag for the 4th of July or heart berries for Valentine’s Day. Here are some of the delicious fruit options I recommend:
- banana An inexpensive option, but it will turn brown after an hour or two. Still taste delicious!
- Strawberries – It is better to wash, peel and cut into thick slices. A little really goes a long way.
- Blueberry, blackberry + blackberry Make sure it is dry when you wear it so it will last as long as possible.
- kiwi – Big and beautiful green fruit! Peel the brown skin and slice or cube.
- Peach + mango Light-colored fruits are best in summer. These can also turn a little brown.
- Grapes Great because of their skin. Bonus: They come in two colors!
- fresh pineapple – Very good when you get a ripe and wonderful one! One of my favorite fruits.
- Oranges and tangerines – Get this out of the box! Strain it well before using it.
- Fresh mint Completely optional, but makes a beautiful (and tastes great!)
How to make Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe
Just a few simple steps to make these cute cookies. More details are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Feel free to print the recipe using the print icon to save it.
Make sugar paste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, grease pans half a plate lightly and set aside. Alternately, you can line them with parchment paper (which I did in these photos).
In a large bowl, stir the butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract and stir again. Mix flour and baking powder slowly until a dough forms. If it looks a bit crumbly, that’s normal. If you squeeze some of the dough together in your hands, it should form a ball that keeps its shape.
About this flour
The flour measurement is arguably the most important part of this recipe! Here’s how to measure it to make sure you get the most accurate measurement. Mix the flour well before measuring, then put a spoon in the measuring cup and put the top surface. Accurate measured precisely
Forming cookies and baking
Scoop and roll into 3 tablespoons of dough balls (a large biscuit scooper … this is the one I have) then squeeze with a cup for distribution. Feel free to put them in the fridge before baking to help them keep their shape. Bake, then cool on a hot baking tray before cooling completely on cooling racks.
Make cream cheese
While cookies cool, make cream cheese frosting by adding cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir with a hand paddle (or paddle mixer) until fully combined and thick and smooth. Looks like you’ll have to add milk to get this garnish coherent, but as long as the cheese and butter are perfectly soft, you should be fine! Scrape the sides and flip again briefly to ensure smooth frosting.
Decorate Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe with fruits
Freeze the cooled cookies generously with cream cheese frosting, then top with any desired fresh fruit. Store on baking trays lined with parchment paper and top gently with plastic wrap in the refrigerator before serving.
Take advance directives and store
So, you want to go ahead… Here’s how to do it:
- Biscuit dough can be prepared ahead of time using baked cookies, cooled, and kept in airtight containers divided by wax paper in the refrigerator or freezer. Baked cookies last up to a week in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Cream cheese frosting can also be prepared in advance. Simply make it according to the recipe directions and transfer it to an airtight container. Freezing can be kept for up to a week in the refrigerator. I don’t recommend freezing the cream cheese frosting because the cream cheese does not freeze or thaw well (hello cut!). To use the cream cheese frosting, take it out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, then whisk it for 20-30 seconds to make it lighter and slightly fluffy, then freeze the biscuits.
- If you want to make these cookies ahead of time, I suggest using fruit that doesn’t turn brown. Berries, grapes, and oranges are great choices! You can also add a traditional glaze of hot apricot jam with a little bit of water for brushing to preserve its freshness. I don’t like the glaze (the taste or the look) so I don’t bother myself, but you can add one.
Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe
Soft sugar cookies with sweet cheese cream topped with colorful and fresh fruits, these are the fruit pizza biscuits! very good!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a half-sheet bowl a little and set it aside. Alternately, you can line it with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, stir butter and sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract and stir again. Mix flour and baking powder slowly until a dough forms. If it looks a bit crumbly, that’s normal. If you squeeze some of the dough together in your hands, it should form a ball that keeps its shape.
- Pour and roll in 3 tablespoons of dough balls (a large scoop of biscuit) and press with a cup for distribution. Put it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes before baking to help it retain its shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then cool for 5 minutes on a hot griddle before cooling completely on cooling racks.
- Freeze the cooled cookies generously with cream cheese frosting, then top with any desired fresh fruit. Store on baking trays lined with parchment paper and top gently with plastic wrap in the refrigerator before serving.
* Accurate measuring is the most important part of this recipe! Make sure to whisk the flour well before measuring! Then place a spoon in your measuring cup and flatten the top.
Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe Nutrition
Calories: 397Calories | Carbohydrates: 53G | protein: 3G | Fat: 20G | Saturated fat: 12G | Unsaturated fats: 1G | Cholesterol: 55Mg | sodium: 177Mg | Potassium: 91Mg | the basic: 1G | sugar: 36G | Vitamin A: 642IU | Calcium: 40Mg | iron: 1Mg