Marinated grilled chicken breasts Recipe is the perfect summer recipe that everyone needs. The marinade is full of flavor and makes the chicken more tender. Grilling adds the smoky flavor you want all summer long! We all know I’ve been one of the pickiest eaters, and so-and-so…I usually go with the whole roasted chicken, but I definitely would have done all of this Marinated grilled chicken breasts Recipe!
Sweet lemon dressing creates delicious chicken! Sometimes chicken breasts can be dry and a bit boring. Not with this marinade! No ma’am! This will take your average chicken dinner to the next level.
What ingredients are needed for marinated roast chicken?
The chicken marinade is not prepared voluntarily. Each ingredient has a purpose and plays a role in creating a bold and exciting bite. See the recipe card below for measurements. These are the components you will need:
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice
- I willow
- Brown sugar
- garlic powder
- Dijon Mustard
- Dean Jacob’s 4 Spice Variety Pack Tuscany Blend
Honey and brown sugar give sweetness and a crunchy outer layer when grilling. Soy sauce provides a deep, salty flavor, and lemon, mustard, and garlic give that bold flavor you want in a marinade. Dean Jacob’s Spice Pack is the icing on the cake!
How to make Marinated grilled chicken breasts Recipe
The recipe card below lists detailed instructions for preparing this recipe, but here are the basic steps for now:
- We like to collect all the marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag. Kids love to crush all the ingredients together.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, add the chicken into the bag and let it marinate.
- Heat the grill at a high temperature
- Add chicken.
- Reduce the grill heat to medium.
- Grill the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and tent with tin foil for 5 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
Well, I just know that having a specific seasoning package to track down at the grocery store can be a bit tricky. I’ve found it every time at Walmart, but if you can’t find it Dean Jacob 4 Spice Assorted Pack Tuscany Blend, here are some options:
- Amazon…cue the angels sing! (link above)
- Make your own – 1/4 cup Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon chopped dry tomatoes, 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Use Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse Blend (I buy it under Costco but they have Walmart and other grocery stores too)
- Use McCormick Greek Seasoning
How long does it take to marinate chicken?
Marinating the chicken for 30 minutes can make a big difference in texture and flavor. I don’t like marinating chicken for longer than 12 hours. If you go longer, they start to harden the meat.
Is it safe to reheat roasted chicken?
Roast chicken can be reheated in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees, wrap the chicken in tin foil, and place in the oven until warm.
Why marinate meat?
Seasoning enhances flavor and softens the meat.
Are chicken breasts healthier than thighs?
Breasts are less in fat than thighs. They are almost the same for calories. This marinade is also delicious on chicken thighs, so feel free to use it either!
Can you freeze roast chicken?
Grilled chicken breasts can be frozen for about a month. If I end up with leftover chicken, I like to chop it up and then freeze it. It’s perfect for wrapping at lunch or over salad!
What do we eat with grilled chicken breasts?
You have marinated chicken in the fridge, but what do you eat with it? Let me share some of our favorite side dishes:
If none of these amaze you, head over to all of our side dish recipes and find one that works for you! This chicken is so versatile, it goes with just about anything!
Marinated grilled chicken breasts Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 Lemon squeezed
- 1/4 cup I willow
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 2 small spoons of garlic powder
- 2 small spoons of salt
- 2 big spoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 small spoons Dean Jacob Tuscany Mix 4-Spice Variety Pack see note
- In a large ziplock bag, add marinade ingredients. Seal the bag and crush it to mix the ingredients.
- Open the bag and carefully drop the chicken.
- Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 1-12 hours.
- Heat the grill over high heat and add the chicken.
- Turn the grill over to medium and grill the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and tent with tin foil for 5 minutes. Cut and serve.