Roasted Potatoes Recipe is one of my favorite foods! They are very diverse. I especially like the way you can eat a few staples, add potatoes, and you get an easy and delicious side dish.
This Roasted Potatoes Recipe is great for beginners in the kitchen but also a great recipe to keep in your back pocket once you get more familiar with cooking. Easy side dishes come in handy when preparing a more elaborate main course.
How do I make Roasted Potatoes Recipe?
First things first – preheat the oven. To roast potatoes, we want a nice high heat to cook the outside quickly. Preheat the oven to 425 while the potatoes are preparing.
To prepare potatoes for roasting, you will need a sharp knife and a cutting board. Wash and dry the potatoes before you start slicing. Once they are dry, you want to cut them into small cubes. Try to make the cubes all about the same size so that they roast evenly.
Next, we put them in olive oil, salt, and pepper. The pepper used in this recipe needs to be coarsely ground. I use a mortar and pestle to achieve a coarse grind. You can also use a pepper mill with an adjustable grinder. Here is an electric version and here is a manual version.
Once the potatoes are evenly seasoned, spread them in an even layer on the baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes. If you like it crunchier, feel free to leave it in the oven for an additional 5 or even 10 minutes.
Is this dish suitable for children?
It always depends on your child, right? This dish is too spicy for my kids when I prepare it as it says. It will depend on your child and his taste.
If you’re looking for a kid-friendly potato recipe, check out Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes. They are like the dessert version of this recipe. Plus it’s another easy and simple side dish you need in your back pocket.
What do you serve with Roasted Potatoes Recipe?
Potatoes are rich in carbs, so look for lean protein and non-starchy vegetables to pair with roasted potatoes. Here are some lean protein ideas for you:
Some examples of non-starchy vegetables you can use are:
- side salad
- Steamed green beans
- broccoli air fryer
- Sauteed pepper and onion
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Have you tried these roasted potatoes? Please tell me all about how it goes! I really appreciate all of your comments and love seeing your creations!
Roasted potatoes with black pepper
- 1.5-pound red potatoes 6 medium-sized potatoes, assorted sizes
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 2 R Black pepper Or 3 tons of ground black pepper
- 1 R salt
- Plain Greek Yogurt Optional to apply
- chopped green onion Optional to apply
Roasted Potatoes Recipe with black pepper Instructions
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush ½ teaspoon pepper into a coarse grind. Add ½ teaspoon to the mortar and repeat the process until all the peppercorns are crushed and cracked.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes and try to get the cubes roughly the same size to ensure even roasting. Add potatoes to a 9″ x 13″ griddle.
- Toss the potatoes with the oil, salt, and fresh pepper until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on the baking tray, skin sides up as high as possible.
- Grill for 25 minutes. Shake or flip the potatoes once in the middle and turn the tray when returning to the oven. If you prefer a bit more crispiness, let the potatoes sit for an additional 5-10 minutes until they look just right to you.
- Serve immediately with yogurt and green onions.