How to make a Breakfast Taco Recipe? Fry some eggs, combine your favorite taco ingredients, and drink some tortillas because these are the best tacos for breakfast! Very tasty with homemade salsa and guacamole.
Every breakfast needs a taco!
Similar to breakfast burritos, breakfast tacos are just plain tacos filled with breakfast fillings. And who doesn’t love a good egg? Especially the one covered and smothered in sauce and cheese? It kills me how easy and fast it is. Begin to finish this maybe 15 minutes if that. It really helps if you have a flat electric griddle tray, especially if you have more than 3 mouths to feed. Having them already and warm at once allows everyone to eat together and not have to deal with a cold egg. Io.
Breakfast Taco Recipe main components
Simple ingredients come together to create great breakfast tacos, here’s what you’ll need:
- tortilla – I used taco-sized flour tortillas for this recipe. They are a perfect size and very well brittle.
- Hash Browns – I just used store-bought frozen hashtags but you can always make them at home if you want.
- eggs – This is a great source of protein!
- cheese – I like to use sharp cheddar cheese for a little extra flavor.
- salsa – Purchase store-bought salsa or make homemade salsa.
- coriander – This garnish is full of wonderful flavor. But if you don’t like cilantro, leave it out.
Fill in the differences
And now for all the personalization ideas! I love this recipe because you can change it up based on what you have on hand. Leftover chicken or steak? perfect! Add that too! Turkey or pork is also a great addition if you have more ideas, feel free to share them in the comments below.
- protein: Eggs, bacon, breakfast sausage, eggs, ham, leftover steak, leftover chicken, chorizo, lunch meat.
- Vegetables: Onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocados, corn, and coriander. Fry it separately or with scrambled eggs.
- sauces: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce.
- cheese: cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, pepper jack.
- Carbohydrates: Flour tortilla, corn tortilla, hash brown, black beans, rice.
How to make a Breakfast Taco Recipe
For full details on how to make breakfast taco, check out the recipe card below 🙂
Cooking hash browns + eggs
Cook Hash Brown According to package directions and scramble your eggs. Below are more step-by-step instructions for flipping eggs! Of course, feel free to add a few more veggies to the eggs (onions/peppers/mushrooms) if you’re going with the whole Southwest theme.
Quickly fry/crisp your tortillas!
Add cheese + other toppings
Topped with cheese, chutney, and coriander. And other extras, if desired!
Breakfast Taco Recipe
Fry some eggs, combine your favorite taco ingredients, and sip some tortillas because this is the best taco breakfast recipe!
- Cook Hash Brown According to package directions and العبوة scramble your eggs. Below are more step-by-step instructions for flipping eggs! Of course, feel free to add a few more veggies to the eggs (onions/peppers/mushrooms) if you’re going to work the whole Southwestern style.
- Quickly fry/crisp your tortillas!
- Topped with cheese, chutney, and coriander. And other extras, if desired!