Best steamed Garlic Butter Mussels Recipe ever! Enriched with garlic and butter, served with a heavenly cream sauce!
I did this so many times that I officially lost count.
It first started as a test recipe for special Day, but it’s now a date night favorite! It’s restaurant quality oysters with a heavenly white wine cream sauce.
A creamy sauce that’s so delicious and delicious that you have all the crunchy bread to savor all that goodness. Yes, oysters are just as great, cooked to perfection, but the real hero is basically the dipping sauce.
No judgment please. This Garlic Butter Mussels Recipe is just good.
Garlic Butter Mussels recipe With White Wine Cream Sauce
- 3 pounds small neck oysters
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 medium sized beans, cut into cubes
- Pinch of ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Soak the oysters in cold water for at least 30 minutes; drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, shallots, and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in oysters. Reduce the temperature to a low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, and cook until the clams open, stirring once, for 8-10 minutes. Discard any unopened shellfish.
- remove from heat; Add heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and chives if desired.