With the most heavenly lemon and garlic marinade, these Chicken Kabobs Recipe will be made all the time! Very fluffy, very juicy!
How to make a Chicken Kabobs Recipe?
This is really my summer type. Tender, lemony, garlicky chicken pieces on a skewer with some charred red onions and lemon halves for extra lemon benefits.
And believe me, I will keep throwing it on my cast iron grill pan on the stove during the winter months when it snows!
Notes for Chicken Kabobs Recipe:
As always, chicken breast can be used instead, and if rosemary isn’t your jam, you can substitute thyme (dried or fresh!) or another herb of your choice.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Direction for Chicken Kabobs Recipe:
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic, Dijon, rosemary, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir the chicken until well combined. Soak for at least 2 hours to overnight, stirring occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Put the chicken and onions on skewers. Grease it with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the grill over a medium heat.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook occasionally until chicken is completely cooked through, until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 10 minutes.
- Feet it right away.