When you want a good breakfast, try these simple things to make a Homemade Burrito Recipe! Filled with bacon, eggs, cheese and french fries, whatever you love about breakfast rolled in a flour tortilla! Delicious served with fruit salad or tropical juice.
Basic Homemade Burrito Recipe very good!
What happens when you buy a big box of tortillas? Breakfast burrito! I must have loved a good breakfast, that’s for sure. Heck, it could be lunch or dinner too! Sometimes good things turn into great things. Anyway, making these little ones is very easy and you can add whatever you want to make them your own. I added bacon, eggs, cheese, and french fries and then folded them into a flour tortilla! Oh baby, are they good! Make some today! You’ll be glad you did!
What are Homemade Burrito Recipe?
Also called breakfast rolls, they are basically burritos that you fill with breakfast items (eg eggs, sausage, french fries, bacon, etc.) but you can fill them with just about anything you put in an omelet or quiche. Make it southwestern or make it traditional, it’s all up to you!
Homemade Burrito Recipe Four main fillings
I made a really traditional breakfast burrito recipe that I explain below, but feel free to customize it however you like or based on what you have on hand. Here’s what I rolled into my tortilla:
- cheddar cheese – I like to use sharp cheddar cheese
- bacon – Prepare this in advance by making bacon in the oven or using precooked, store-bought bacon.
- Hash Browns – Make it from scratch or buy some frozen brownies that are easy to make.
And now for all the personalization ideas! I love this recipe because you can change it up based on what you have on hand. Leftover chicken or steak? perfect! Add that too! Turkey or pork is also a great addition. If you have more ideas, feel free to share them in the comments below 🙂
- protein: Bacon, breakfast sausage, eggs, ham, leftover steak, leftover chicken, chorizo, luncheon meat.
- Vegetables: Onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocados, corn and coriander. Fry it separately or with scrambled eggs.
- Sauces: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce.
- cheese: cheddar, monterey jack, mozzarella, pepper jack
- Carbohydrates: Flour tortilla, hash brown, black beans
How to make Homemade Burrito Recipe
Heat the oven
Heat the oven to 300 degrees.
Cooking burrito fillings
Fry Bacon to the desired maturity. Cook Hash Brown According to package directions and scramble your eggs. Below are more step-by-step instructions for flipping eggs! Of course, feel free to add a few more veggies to the eggs (onions/peppers/mushrooms) if you’re going with the whole Southwest theme.
To assemble, take the tortilla flour and in the middle of the desired ingredients and top with grated cheese. Roll out the burrito pattern (bend the ends so they are not open) and wrap in foil. Continue this process until all of the burritos are filled and damaged.
Place in a warm oven for 10 minutes or until you are ready to eat. Cut each burrito in half with tin foil and everything, add any toppings you like (guacamole, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, etc..) and enjoy!
Freeze Homemade Burrito Recipe
Homemade Burrito Recipe are great preparations for your morning meal! It’s easy to make in bulk and then freeze when you need a quick, efficient meal. Now that I think about it, these would be perfect for going camping. yum!
Just follow the instructions, then after wrapping it in aluminum foil but before baking, let it cool completely. Once the foil-wrapped burritos have cooled in a freezer-safe storage bag, mark the outside with the date and the type of burrito you made (if you made more than one flavor mix). Freeze for up to three months!
To reheat, take a frozen burrito wrapped in tin foil and heat it in the oven until hot (15-20 minutes). If you want to use the microwave to heat it up, Remove the chip Alternatively, wrap the burrito in a paper towel. Microwave at 50% power for up to 3 minutes or until completely heated up. Every microwave is different, so be sure to check it out as you go.
When you want a delicious breakfast, try these simple pancakes to make homemade breakfast burritos! Filled with bacon, eggs, cheese and hash browns!
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees. Cook the bacon to your liking. Cook the brown hash according to package directions (usually in a nonstick skillet with plenty of butter, salt, and pepper. Delicious!)
- For the scrambled eggs, chop the eggs into a large bowl and whisk together the milk, salt, and pepper. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir eggs carefully and gently to scramble. It should take 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the breakfast burrito, place all the flour tortillas and add the hash browns, eggs, bacon, and cheese. Roll tightly into a burrito (Bend the ends as you roll them so they don’t open and wrap in foil. Continue this process until all of the burritos are filled and rolled.
- Place in a warm oven for 10 minutes or until you are ready to eat. Cut each burrito in half with tin foil and everything, add any toppings you like (guacamole, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, etc..) and enjoy!