Got new Easy Apricot Chicken Recipe? Make this simple Apricot Chicken skillet supper! It’s prepared in less than an hour and rolls out an incredible improvement from your typical weeknight chicken daily practice.
Consistently about this time we immersed with new apricots from our neighbor’s tree. What’s more, consistently I reveal to myself I will make a chicken dish with them, yet never get around to it. Rather, we’ll make apricot jam, apricot shoemaker, apricot tart, or simply eat them straight. At long last this year, we explored different avenues regarding apricot chicken and I love the outcome!
AN EASY SKILLET DINNER
This formula is prepared in less than an hour and is made with only a couple of simple advances:
- Make the apricot sauce: Marinate the apricots with sugar and vinegar. Put in a safe spot a couple of cups for your completed dish, at that point puree the rest of the apricots to make a basic sauce for the chicken.
- Cook the chicken: For this formula, we cut the chicken into little reduced down pieces so they cook rapidly.
- Stew the sauce with flavors: This decreases and thickens the sauce, and gives the flavors time to implant the sauce with flavor.
- Unite everything: Stir the chicken and saved apricots into the sauce, let it warm up, and serve!
The augmentations of rosemary, Tabasco, and particularly cinnamon truly light up the flavors and make the dish more fascinating than you would anticipate.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS Apricot Chicken Recipe
We served it with rice, it would likewise be superb with egg noodles. Simply scoop the rice or noodles onto your plate and top it with a scoop of the Apricot Chicken.
If you don’t have new apricots, you can utilize a combo of dried pitted apricots and apricot jam. Hack up around twelve dried apricots and include them, with a half cup of apricot jam, to the stock in sync 4 (skipping stages 1 and 5).
Apricot Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 pounds apricots, pits eliminated and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons juice vinegar
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken bosoms, sliced into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine (or substitute with olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, slashed (around 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon slashed new rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco or other hot sauce (or more to taste)
- Dark pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons slashed new parsley (for decorate)
- Marinate the apricots: In an enormous bowl, mix the apricots, sugar, and vinegar. Let sit while you earthy colored the chicken in the subsequent stage.
- Brown the chicken in margarine and olive oil: In an enormous sauté dish over medium-high warmth, heat 1 tablespoon of spread and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until hot.
- Working in clumps to shield from swarming the container, earthy colored the chicken pieces on each side. As the chicken cooks sprinkle with salt. When the chicken is cooked, put it in a safe spot.
- Sauté the onions: Add the staying 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and sauté the onions until they start to brown.
- As the onions cook and delivery dampness, utilize a level edged spatula or wooden spoon to scratch off the carmelized bits from the chicken (called affectionate) from the lower part of the container. On the off chance that the container gets dry, include water, a tablespoon at a time to help discharge the onions from the lower part of the skillet.
- Add the chicken stock: Once the onions have seared a piece, including the chicken stock and lower the warmth to medium.
- Purée the apricots: Set aside 1 2/3 cups of the apricots for the completed dish. In a blender purée the rest of the apricots, alongside any juice they have delivered. Empty the purée into the dish with the stock and onions.
- Simmer the sauce: Stir the cinnamon, rosemary, and Tabasco into the sauce. Carry the sauce to a stew, at that point bring down the warmth and tenderly stew for 10-20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens marginally. Taste and add dark pepper to taste and include more salt and Tabasco if necessary.
- Finish the dish: Just before serving, including the chicken and the held apricot pieces to the container. Stew delicately for 5 minutes, or until the sauce is hot and the chicken cooked.
- Sprinkle with slashed parsley and present with rice or egg noodles