Since our sweet young lady is a month and a half old, I can concentrate on myself now. Working out and eating better to lose the additional pounds.
I was significantly increasingly cautious with this last pregnancy putting on weight, so I don’t have a ton to lose. In any case, I can hardly wait to begin resting easy thinking about myself and fitting in my pre-pregnancy pants once more.
I love making simple dinners that are solid and brimming with flavor. Since I don’t have a great deal of time with an infant, I love it when I can make a feast that is prepared in the blink of an eye by any stretch of the imagination.
This one simply happens to be prepared in around 20 minutes! This is an incredible family feast, however I utilized it for dinner prep.
It is delectable served over some earthy colored rice, or quinoa and the cajun flavor is my top choice.
What you need to make cajun shrimp and sausage skillet
Shrimp and sausage go so well together!
You can use pork or chicken sausage in this and I love how delicious it makes this meal.
Cajun seasoning is one of my all time favorites and packs in delicious spices and a little bit of heat.
It is perfect for adding flavor to this quick and easy meal.
· Large shrimp- large or jumbo is best. Tail on and frozen.
· Sausage- either pork or chicken tastes best.
· Zucchini- medium size
· Yellow squash- medium size
· Asparagus- bunch
· Red bell pepper
· Salt and pepper
· Olive oil
· Cajun seasoning
I prefer the larger of the shrimp so I have that added flavor and taste to go along with my fresh vegetables.
The most common types of shrimp found in markets are pink or white shrimp, both are great to use in this recipe.
Make sure to select a large shrimp, look for 16 to 20 count (or pieces) per pound. This will ensure that the shrimp does not overcook quickly when sauteed.
Large size shrimp also gives a nice two-bite piece for a heartier entree. Feel free to remove the tails to make it easier to eat.
Garden fresh is the best way to make this skillet. It always tastes better fresh and you can’t go wrong mixing zucchini and squash together.
Asparagus and bell peppers add that crunchy texture
Cajun seasoning has become my go-to spice it up seasoning. I love the flavor and how much it adds to a simple, basic meal.
You go from normal to BAM in one second when adding cajun seasoning.
Not only does it add great flavoring but it also shows in your cooking and you can see the colorful changes in the skillet.
Cajun seasoning is made up of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, oregano, and thyme.
Add some kick and flavoring with this cajun seasoning.
How do you make cajun shrimp and sausage skillet?
I included my favorite summer veggies.
Zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, and red bell pepper.
It makes it a complete meal in one. This is the perfect flavorful meal and helps you stay on track.
It is such a delicious and easy low carb option and I don’t get sick of eating it throughout the week!
If you are looking for a healthy and flavorful meal that is so incredibly easy, be sure to give this one a try!
1. Combine: Start by adding the shrimp, sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, bell pepper and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Add: Next, add olive oil and cajun seasoning and toss until coated.
3. Add: Then add step 1 and 2 to a large skillet and turn to medium high heat.
4. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is pink and the vegetables are tender.
5. Server Immediately: Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Tips about sausage
This is a perfect 30 minute, one-pan meal! Even better, the clean up is a breeze! Less dishes to do equals more time with family around the dinner table!
1. Frozen shrimp can also be used, run them under cool water until the ice melts, or defrost them the night before and drain well.
2. If you are not a fan of shrimp or sausage. You can substitute it for chicken or tofu.
3. This is best served immediately after being made.
Are you a cajun fan?! Here are more cajun friendly meals:
· 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
· 14 ounce pork or chicken sausage sliced
· 2 medium sized zucchini sliced
· 2 medium sized yellow squash sliced
· 1/2 bunch asparagus sliced into thirds
· 2 red bell pepper chopped into chunks
· Salt and Pepper
· 2 Tablespoons olive oil
· 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
1. In a large bowl add the shrimp, sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, bell pepper and salt and pepper. Add olive oil and cajun seasoning and toss until coated.
2. Add to a large skillet and turn to medium high. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is pink and the vegetables are tender.
3. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve immediately.